can an Ubuntu 22.04.1 user send me the file "clamav-update" from source /etc/init.d/
Here i have clamav-daeamon and clamav-freshclam included but the clamav-freshclam can probably not be triggered from a cron job ...

kind regads

Re: Ubuntu file needed [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 9 Dec 2022, newcomer01 via clamav-users wrote:

> can someone showm me screesnhots on the setted permissons from:
> / etc/ init.d / clamav-daemon and
> / etc / init.d / freshclam
>
> please?
> And additionally must this files run as program too?

This should have all that information:
# ls -l /etc/init.d/*clam*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 9563 Oct 10 2018 /etc/init.d/clamav-daemon
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 7692 Oct 10 2018 /etc/init.d/clamav-freshclam
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 9348 Feb 21 2021 /etc/init.d/clamav-milter

This is from Ubuntu 22.10, but the permissions and owners should be the
same.

> hello again,
>
> can an Ubuntu 22.04.1 user send me the file "clamav-update" from source
> /etc/init.d/
> Here i have clamav-daeamon and clamav-freshclam included but the
> clamav-freshclam can probably not be triggered from a cron job ...

There is no /etc/init.d/clamav-update on my Ubuntu 22.10
but I have put a copy of
/etc/cron.daily/freshclam
at
https://www.aitchison.me.uk/clamav/freshclam

However, Ubuntu runs freshclam as a service, eg
systemctl is-enabled clamav-freshclam.service
sudo systemctl restart clamav-freshclam.service
and
sudo service clamav-freshclam status | cat
sudo service clamav-freshclam start | cat
so I have put a copy of
/lib/systemd/system/clamav-freshclam.service
at
https://www.aitchison.me.uk/clamav/clamav-freshclam.service

----------

> does everyone know, if exists an ppa to install always the current
> stable version of ClamAV for Ubuntu 22.04.1?
>
> The Ubuntu releases are so slow ...

Yes, but Ubuntu 22.10 has 0.103.7 which is supported by ClamAV.
22.10.1 has 0.103.6. Unfortunately there are reasons to upgrade
from 0.103.6 to 0.103.7
https://blog.clamav.net/2022/07/clamav-01037-01041-and-01051-patch.html

ClamAV build Ubuntu packages which are available at
https://www.clamav.net/downloads
- though the 0.103.7 Linux packages seem to be hiding (Micah ?).
I do not know of a PPA for these.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk