Mailing List Archive

Re: Database update error

Re: Database update error [ In reply to ]
This is expected if you use a browser to try to download the ClamAV
database.  Try using freshclam instead(which should be included in the
ClamAV install).

Lyle Giese

Re: Database update error [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Thu, 24 Nov 2022, Carlos Andres Oviedo Guerra wrote:

> I've installed clamav on my computer, but the database update
> failed, when I tried to reach the database update URL I got this error
> message.

As Mr. Giese mentioned, you need to use freshclam (or, exceptionally, cvdupdate)
to update the signature database. You also need to be using a recent version of
ClamAV, old versions are blocked. What version of ClamAV are you using, and how
did you try to update the database?

> There is a chance to know why the CDN is banning me?. My IP be blacklisted
> somewhere?

Probably not.

> [image: freshclamav_error_Nov24.PNG]

Mailing list messages may be sent to many thousands of recipients.
Please send plain text rather than images.

--

73,
Ged.