Mailing List Archive

How to set max file size for clamav in docker compose
Hi everyone

I'm trying to setup a docker container with clamav and am struggling to
allow for larger files to be scanned. I've set up my docker-compose.yml
like this:

version: "3.3"
services:
clamav:
image: clamav/clamav:latest
environment:
CLAMD_CONF_MaxFileSize: 250M
CLAMD_CONF_MaxScanSize: 250M
restart: always
ports:
- "3310:3310"

but that doesn't seem to do it (I keep getting a Broken Pipe Error). I
presume I'm just using the wrong variables, but I can't seem to find
the right ones.

Greetings

Adrian

Re: How to set max file size for clamav in docker compose [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Wed, 7 Sep 2022, Adrian Bielefeldt via clamav-users wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a docker container with clamav and am struggling to
> allow for larger files to be scanned. I've set up my docker-compose.yml
> like this:
>

> version: "3.3"
> services:
> clamav:
> image: clamav/clamav:latest
> environment:
> CLAMD_CONF_MaxFileSize: 250M
> CLAMD_CONF_MaxScanSize: 250M
> restart: always
> ports:
> - "3310:3310"
>

> but that doesn't seem to do it (I keep getting a Broken Pipe Error). I
> presume I'm just using the wrong variables, but I can't seem to find
> the right ones.

I'll try, but I'm afraid I've never used ClamAV with Docker.

Do you have a configuration file somewhere called clamd.conf or
something similar? If so I'd expect that you just need to edit the
relevant options in that and restart clamd. For more help see the
'man' page:

man clamd.conf

or the online documentation:

https://docs.clamav.net/

Incidentally as of 0.105.0 the default for MaxScanSize is 400M:

https://blog.clamav.net/2022/05/clamav-01050-01043-01036-released.html

--

73,
Ged.