correctly. However I have an application running on the server (centos 7)
and when I upload a virus to my application which stores it on the server
at the same directory, it will not trigger the on Access Scanning and
nothing happens.

How can I configure the On-Access Scanning that it will also detect the
files created by my application and trigger the virus scan?

Thank you all very much for your help & Best Regards,
Tobias
Re: On-Access Scanning don't detect new file [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Wed, 15 Jun 2022, Tobias Mächler via clamav-users wrote:

> I have just configured the On-Access Scanning with clamav. When I use the
> command line to download a virus to the new directory it gets scanned
> correctly. However I have an application running on the server (centos 7)
> and when I upload a virus to my application which stores it on the server
> at the same directory, it will not trigger the on Access Scanning ...
>
> How can I configure the On-Access Scanning that it will also detect the
> files created by my application and trigger the virus scan?

It's possible to configure clamonacc in ways which would explain this.
Have you read the documentation? See for example

https://docs.clamav.net/manual/OnAccess.html?highlight=clamonacc#general-use

Please let us see the output of

clamconf -n

Please cut-and-paste or similar, it's sometimes difficult to divine
what's shown in an email and changes in formatting can be important.

Please tell us more about your application. In particular we need to
know exactly which user IDs are reading and writing any files.

--

73,
Ged.