John Lewis Partnership is automatically monitored for operational and lawful business reasons.

John Lewis plc
Registered in England 233462
Registered office 171 Victoria Street London SW1E 5NN

Websites: https://www.johnlewis.com
http://www.waitrose.com
https://www.johnlewisfinance.com
http://www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk

Re: ClamAV Queries on Maximum file size [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Thu, 19 May 2022, Deenadhayalan Natarajan via clamav-users wrote:

> I would like to get some details about the maximum file size clamAV
> can support. As we got to know from the documentation that it
> supports upto 4GB of maximum file size but would like any
> possibilities of extending the file size ...

Can you tell us more about your requirements?

You should consider 2GBytes (not 4GBytes) to be the maximum file size:

https://docs.clamav.net/manual/Development/tips-and-tricks.html?highlight=limits#general-debugging

To allow ClamAV to scan huge files is to risk crashing the scanner,
and there are other issues which may crop up too.

> ... any enterprise version of ClamAV available.

I don't know of anything which meets your description precisely. The
ClamAV maintainers are the folks at Cisco-Talos:

https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav

[.Disclaimer: Other than my chats with people on (and occasionally off)
this list, I have no relationship with Cisco nor any Cisco company.]

Cisco offers a range of product for protecting computer systems:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en_uk/products/security/advanced-malware-protection/index.html

There are also numerous third-party tools etc. based on ClamAV:

https://docs.clamav.net/manual/Installing/Community-projects.html

--

73,
Ged.