Hi all,

I am trying to install ClamAV on a machine running AL2 with a Graviton
processor, by using the freshclam cmd. When I do so I get this error
ClamAV update process started at Mon May 9 11:30:08 2022
WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.101.4 Recommended version: 0.103.6
DON'T PANIC! Read https://www.clamav.net/documents/upgrading-clamav
WARNING: Can't download main.cvd from database.clamav.net

I had no problem running the installation on my machines running AL2
without the Graviton processor.

Is ClamAV not compatible with Graviton or is there something that I need to
do differently in order for ClamAV to install?

Thank-you for any help/guidance.

-Ben S.
Re: ClamAV on Amazon Linux 2 with Graviton [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Mon, 9 May 2022, Ben Steranka via clamav-users wrote:

> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
> WARNING: Local version: 0.101.4 Recommended version: 0.103.6
> DON'T PANIC! Read https://www.clamav.net/documents/upgrading-clamav
> WARNING: Can't download main.cvd from database.clamav.net

Old versions of ClamAV's fresclam utility are blocked from downloading
the official signature databases. This restriction was implemented as
a result of massive abuse of the download servers.

If you want to use the official databases, you really need to upgrade
to a supported version. See the ClamAV blog for more information:

http://blog.clamav.net/

--

73,
Ged.