Mailing List Archive

clamav/safebrowsing updates?
Hi,
Is the clamav-safebrowsing repository still maintained?

https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-safebrowsing

It also appears the SafeBrowsing config option is no longer supported?

When running clamsbwrite.py, I'm seeing an error but have no idea of
what's involved and there doesn't seem to be an updated version in
quite a while.

./clamsbwrite.py --config /etc/clamd.d/safebrowsing.conf
/root/clamav-safebrowsing-master/./clamsbwrite.py:36: SAWarning:
relationship 'SBPrefix.hashes' will copy column
sbclient_v4_prefixes.reflist_id to column
sbclient_v4_hashes.reflist_id,
which conflicts with relationship(s): 'SBList.hashes' (copies
sbclient_v4_lists.id to sbclient_v4_hashes.reflist_id). If this is not
the intention, consider if these relationships should
be linked with back_populates, or if viewonly=True should be applied
to one or more if they are read-only. For the less common case that
foreign key constraints are partially overlappin
g, the orm.foreign() annotation can be used to isolate the columns
that should be written towards. To silence this warning, add the
parameter 'overlaps="hashes"' to the 'SBPrefix.hashe
s' relationship. (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/qzyx)
lists = session.query(db.SBList).all()

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: clamav/safebrowsing updates? [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

https://blog.clamav.net/2020/06/the-future-of-clamav-safebrowsing.html

--

73,
Ged.

Re: clamav/safebrowsing updates? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> > Is the clamav-safebrowsing repository still maintained?
>
> https://blog.clamav.net/2020/06/the-future-of-clamav-safebrowsing.html

Yes, that's exactly what I'm referring to - your link directs the user
to the new repo, but that has problems, and itself doesn't appear to
be developed any longer.

It directs to here:
https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-safebrowsing

Here's my error message again from the code available from the
Cisco-Talos clamav-safebrowsing repo:

Re: clamav/safebrowsing updates? [ In reply to ]
> On Apr 26, 2022, at 4:08 PM, Alex via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> Is the clamav-safebrowsing repository still maintained?
>>
>> https://blog.clamav.net/2020/06/the-future-of-clamav-safebrowsing.html
>
> Yes, that's exactly what I'm referring to - your link directs the user
> to the new repo, but that has problems, and itself doesn't appear to
> be developed any longer.
>
> It directs to here:
> https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-safebrowsing

Just because a repo hasn’t been updated in $your_random_determined_amount_of_time_that_is_entirely_up_to_you doesn’t mean that it’s no longer developed.

If there is an issue with it, then file an issue in the GitHub repo.

Re: clamav/safebrowsing updates? [ In reply to ]
No new effort is being put into the clamav-safebrowsing project. And it clamav-safebrowsing project gets less attention, for sure. Please do as Joel recommends and add an issue to the repo, and feel free to ping it a bit if it's a serious/breaking issue and the issue report didn't get any attention.

The clamav-safebrowsing project is purely for the benefit of the open-source community so it's very hard to prioritize work on smaller issues or improvements. So, if you can help fix issues you encounter, that would make a world of difference.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.