Mailing List Archive

Siganture database and certification
Hello,

I would like to know how the signature database of ClamAV is build ? based on which signatures ? As it is an opensource solution, what are the sources used to build this database ?
And do you know if the solution is certified from a cybersecurity point of view ? by which organisms ?

Thank you in advance !

Regards,

J?r?me CUVILLIEZ
SCOR | Cyber Security Manager | Group BCM Coordinator
Information Technology | IT Management & Controls

5, avenue Kleber l Paris cedex 16 l France
Phone number: +33 1 58 44 7299 | Mobile : +33 6 08 25 68 43 | Fax: +33(0)1 46 98 77 99
email: jcuvilliez@scor.com<mailto:jcuvilliez@scor.com>

[cid:image001.jpg@01D75C56.524E6050]<https://www.scor.com/en>

********************************************************************** *********
This message, including attachments, is intended for the above-mentioned
addressees only. It may contain confidential information the review,
dissemination or disclosure of which is strictly prohibited. Should you
receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender to the
e-mail address indicated above.

Ce message, ainsi que les pieces jointes, sont exclusivement destines aux
personnes dont le nom figure ci-dessus. Ils peuvent contenir des informations
confidentielles dont la divulgation est a ce titre rigoureusement interdite.
Dans l'hypothese ou vous auriez recu ce message par erreur, merci de le
supprimer et d'en avertir l'expediteur a l'adresse e-mail ci-dessus.
Re: Siganture database and certification [ In reply to ]
Sent from my iPad

On Jun 8, 2021, at 02:07, CUVILLIEZ Jérôme via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:
> I would like to know how the signature database of ClamAV is build ? based on which signatures ?

I suggest you start by reading though this manual on Signature writing first:
<https://www.clamav.net/documents/creating-signatures-for-clamav>.

It is also possible to write your own signatures and there are a few sources (e.g. https://sanesecurity.com/usage/signatures/) for additional "Unofficial" signatures that can be added should if you have the need.

-Al-