Mailing List Archive

Please clarify ClamAV 0.103.2 security patch release
Hi,

the blog [1] is inconsistent with the CVEs descriptions for
CVE-2021-1404 and -1405. This makes it unclear which versions are
affected by which CVE. Can you fix the blog please?

Furthermore, can you please confirm that the "buffer overread in PDF
parser" issue (CVE-2021-1405 according to mitre) really is limited to
0.103.x? The surrounding code of [2] is two years old, so from my naive
point of view 0.102 could be affected as well.

Regards
 Damian

[1] https://blog.clamav.net/2021/04/clamav-01032-security-patch-release.html
[2]
https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/commit/7a70a03ba01d657296be61f0ec98ca6990f51578

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: Please clarify ClamAV 0.103.2 security patch release [ In reply to ]
Hi,
> the blog [1] is inconsistent with the CVEs descriptions for
> CVE-2021-1404 and -1405. This makes it unclear which versions are
> affected by which CVE. Can you fix the blog please?
I see the blog has been corrected, thank you.
> Furthermore, can you please confirm that the "buffer overread in PDF
> parser" issue (CVE-2021-1405 according to mitre) really is limited to
> 0.103.x? The surrounding code of [2] is two years old, so from my
> naive point of view 0.102 could be affected as well.

My bad, relevant code parts have been committed after 0.102.4 release.

Regards
 Damian