I used *clamscan *command to scan.

Details:
Warning message: LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file
ClamAV version: ClamAV 0.103.1

How can we find more details, which file has the issue?

--
Email Disclaimer: *http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/
<http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/>*
Re: LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file [ In reply to ]
Just add more verbose?

Eero

Re: LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file [ In reply to ]
Eero,

What more details do you want?
I am scanning my system using "clamscan -i -r --cross-fs=no -f
"$list_file"" using a shell script.
It giving only the warning message as follows:

LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file.

I just wanted to find the location/name of the file.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 11:42 AM Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@iki.fi>
wrote:

> Just add more verbose?
>
> Eero
>
> On Mon 5. Apr 2021 at 8.58, Vivek Patil via clamav-users <
> clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I am getting a warning message while scanning the system.
>> I used *clamscan *command to scan.
>>
>> Details:
>> Warning message: LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file
>> ClamAV version: ClamAV 0.103.1
>>
>> How can we find more details, which file has the issue?
>>
>> Email Disclaimer: *http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/
>> <http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/>*

Vivek

Re: LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file [ In reply to ]
On 05/04/2021 16:20, Vivek Patil via clamav-users wrote:
> Eero,
>
> What more details do you want?
> I am scanning my system using "clamscan -i -r --cross-fs=no -f
> "$list_file"" using a shell script.
> It giving only the warning message as follows:
>
> LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file.
>
> I just wanted to find the location/name of the file.
>
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 11:42 AM Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@iki.fi
> <mailto:eero.volotinen@iki.fi>> wrote:
>
> Just add more verbose?

May I suggest that you read the "man" page for clamscan, which would
have shown you the -v, --verbose Be verbose flag?

Although if you have the clamd daemon running it would be faster to use
clamdscan, with the same "-v" option.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file [ In reply to ]
Hello Vivek,

> I am scanning my system using "clamscan -i -r --cross-fs=no -f
> "$list_file"" using a shell script.

Please remove "-i" :

"clamscan -r --cross-fs=no -f "$list_file""

... and you will get all files scanned, including the one that trigger
the warning

--
Cordialement / Best regards,

Arnaud Jacques
Gérant de SecuriteInfo.com

Téléphone : +33-(0)3.60.47.09.81
E-mail : aj@securiteinfo.com
Site web : https://www.securiteinfo.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/SecuriteInfocom/132872523492286
Twitter : @SecuriteInfoCom
Signatures for ClamAV antivirus : http://ow.ly/LqfdL

Re: LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file [ In reply to ]
Just add more verbose to your scanning parameters. I think it was -v, if I
remember correctly.

Eero

Re: LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file [ In reply to ]
Oh yes, I have tried that too.
But only the warning line was printing.

The command was:
clamscan -v -i -r --cross-fs=no -f "$list_file"

Re: LibClamAV Warning: PNG: Unexpected early end-of-file [ In reply to ]
While verbose (-v) is helpful in some cases, you probably want to use the debug option to get the large volume of LibClamAV messages. I find debug is far more useful than verbose most times.

Maarten
Sent from a tiny keyboard