Sr. Systems Analyst | Information Technology Services
404-471-6188
Agnes Scott College | 141 E. College Ave. | Decatur, Georgia 30030
Re: Setting Up Clamd as a Windows Service [ In reply to ]
Hi Frank,

I’ve heard of a couple folks setting up clamd.exe as a Windows service, though I haven’t invested the time to figure it out myself nor do I have any good instructions for doing so.

There is a fork of the ClamAV project by Gianluigi Tiesi which has built-in support for starting clamd as a service. See: https://github.com/clamwin/clamav-win32
Gianluigi Tiesi has very graciously agreed to allow us to integrate his ClamAV Windows improvements into the main project, which is an effort we’re looking forward to working on mid-to-late this year.
Until then, you may need to investigate how to create your own services using Powershell, or use the clamav-win32 port.

Regards,
Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Has anyone set up clamd.exe to run as a Windows service?
Thank you

--
Frank Manganaro