- Added more settings for clamscan
- Minor bug fixes

I managed to get explorer context working menu for a non-administrator
install (use HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes instead of
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT). It was a bit of a challenge to get InnoSetup do
things correctly but it seems okay now.

Regards,
Alex
Re: ClamWin 0.2 released on SourceForge [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Alex Cherney wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Version 0.2 has just been released. Changes are:
>
> - Added Outlook Addin
> - Setup on Windows does not require admin privileges any more
> - Added more settings for clamscan
> - Minor bug fixes
>
> I managed to get explorer context working menu for a non-administrator
> install (use HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes instead of
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT). It was a bit of a challenge to get InnoSetup do
> things correctly but it seems okay now.

Any thoughts about doing a pop proxy like the other virus scanners do to
get it to work with Thunderbird and OE?

Oh, and the April 1 release date scares me :)

Regards,

Rick
Re: ClamWin 0.2 released on SourceForge [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:17:43 +1000
Alex Cherney <alex@cher.id.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Version 0.2 has just been released. Changes are:
>
> - Added Outlook Addin
> - Setup on Windows does not require admin privileges any more
> - Added more settings for clamscan
> - Minor bug fixes
>
> I managed to get explorer context working menu for a non-administrator
>
> install (use HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes instead of
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT). It was a bit of a challenge to get InnoSetup do
> things correctly but it seems okay now.

Good work. Maybe it's a good time to announce it on clamav-users ?

--
oo ..... Tomasz Kojm <tkojm@clamav.net>
(\/)\......... http://www.ClamAV.net/gpg/tkojm.gpg
RE: ClamWin 0.2 released on SourceForge [ In reply to ]

Hi Rick

Yes this is planned. There is good code in SpamBayes project (written in
Python) which I plan to modify a bit and release as a part of the
Windows Installer. I don't know when will I find time to do that,
hopefully soon.

Regards,
Alex
RE: ClamWin 0.2 released on SourceForge [ In reply to ]
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT). It was a bit of a challenge to get InnoSetup do
> > things correctly but it seems okay now.
>
> Good work. Maybe it's a good time to announce it on clamav-users ?
>
> --
> oo ..... Tomasz Kojm <tkojm@clamav.net>
Thanks, I fixed some bugs in Outlook addin and resolved major
comaptibilty hurdle with other Addins wriiten in Python (SpamBayes) by
moving the addin to an Out-Of-Process Exe COM server, so it has it's
very own Python Interpeter. The release 0.21 is on SF.

I guess it is more or less stable to give it out to general users to try
now. I will announce the release on clamav-users now.

Cheers,
Alex