Mailing List Archive

Re: Clamav-milter and Sendmail problem.
Stewart MacLund wrote:

> A better idea might be to put the "more stable" version into sourceforge
> for download finally.
>
> Sundie...
>
> Fajar Arief Nugraha said:
>
>>On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:31:37 +0200 (CEST)
>> Tomasz Kojm <tk@mat.uni.torun.pl> wrote:
>>

>>>Please don't use 0.60, download CVS version (snapshots
>>>available at
>>>http://clamav.sf.net/snapshot).
>>>

>>Being in this list for some time I could see the answer
>>for most segfaults or compile problem was "please use
>>latest cvs/snapshot ..."
>>
>>Why don't you put this suggestion in the webpage?
>>Most people will download the "stable" (or in the case the
>>known-to-be-unstable) version instead of snapshot.

Yep, what about the long-promised new stable release? Are there any
problems with the cvd code, or what prevents the core team from
declaring one day's snapshot as "stable"?

Thomas
Re: Re: Clamav-milter and Sendmail problem. [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:32:19 +0200
Thomas Lamy <Thomas.Lamy@in-online.net> wrote:

> Yep, what about the long-promised new stable release? Are there any
> problems with the cvd code, or what prevents the core team from
> declaring one day's snapshot as "stable"?

There are major problems with the zziplib library - the latest update
(not available for public CVS users due to SF problems) still doesn't
fix it. I'm going to contact the zziplib author today.

Best regards,
Tomasz Kojm
--
oo ..... zolw@konarski.edu.pl