Is there a reason the snapshots are being removed?

Regards,
Flinn
Re: keep snapshots available [ In reply to ]
Hi Flinn,
Usually older snapshots have more problems than the latest one.
That's why I currently delete old snapshots from
http://clamav.sourceforge.net/snapshot/ (which is directly linked
from clamav's main page).
If someone really wants an older snapshot can go CVS and roll back,
but we discourage it: bug reports are only good if they refer to the
latest devel version.

What about a static link to the latest snapshot
(e.g. clamav-devel-latest.tar.gz) ?

Would it solve the problem you mentioned?

--
Luca 'NERvOus' Gibelli (nervous@nervous.it || bofh@oltrelinux.com)
Home Page: http://www.nervous.it

BOFH excuse 9779:
* POSIX complience problem
Re: Re: keep snapshots available [ In reply to ]
Well, that link to latest would solve part of the problem. In most
cases there are not many changes that break the port, and I usually
just have to bump the version number. One problem I see though is that
I testers will have to do a `make makesum` every day, or I have to set
NO_CHECKSUM=Yes.
The problem is the old old snapshots...it's the fact that daily
snapshots are removed daily. It would help if they were there at least
a week if not a month.

Regards,
Flinn

Re: Re: keep snapshots available [ In reply to ]
Wow, just woke up and still groggy.

On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 11:22 AM, Flinn Mueller wrote:

> Well, that link to latest would solve part of the problem. In most
> cases there are not many changes that break the port, and I usually
> just have to bump the version number. One problem I see though is
> that I testers will have to do a `make makesum` every day, or I have
> to set NO_CHECKSUM=Yes.

That should read 'One problem I see though is that the testers...'

> The problem is the old old snapshots...it's the fact that daily
> snapshots are removed daily. It would help if they were there at
> least a week if not a

That should read 'The problem is _not_ the old old snapshots...'

Re: Re: keep snapshots available [ In reply to ]
Another problem I am facing with snapshot ports are that the
clamav-devel-latest.tar.gz still unpacks into clamav-devel-${DATE}
rather then clamav-devel-latest. I think the best solution is to leave
the daily snapshots available for 2 weeks to a month. This will allow
people to at the very least test a snapshot, and allow me to save a few
minutes every day.

Regards,
Flinn