Unable to build External library dependencies
Dear Team,

Please refer to the following thread

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58180139/unable-to-build-external-library-dependencies

Regards

Please submit your patches to our Bugzilla: http://bugzilla.clamav.net

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: Unable to build External library dependencies [ In reply to ]
Hi Muhammad,

My apologies for the confusion. The win32/README.md file could use some extra information. I am working on that now.

The only the external libraries you need to provide for ClamAV 0.101 and prior are OpenSSL. For 0.102, which will be released momentarily, the number of required external libraries has grown.

This is the list of externally built libraries required by ClamAV on Windows:
- bzip2
- libcurl
- json-c
- libxml2
- openssl
- pcre2
- pthread-win32
- zlib

The libcurl and json-c dependencies are new, but the others used to be code that had been copied into our clamav-devel repository. We removed these from our code base.

The libcurl dependency may be configured a variety of ways. We choose to build libcurl with the following dependencies: libssh2, nghttp2, openssl, and zlib. nghttp2 in turn may depend on libxml2, zlib, and openssl. openssh2 may also depend on openssl and zlib. openssl itself also may depend on zlib.

As you can see, the build process for the dependencies is non-trivial, which is why we've created a dependency management tool (Mussels) to make that process easier. Mussels is functional now on Windows and on macOS, but because we're hopeful that developers will find it useful to build other projects, we still wish to make a few changes before we'll be ready for the public to start using it.

I hope that we'll be able to make Mussels available within a couple of weeks. In the meantime, building of the library dependencies on Windows will have to be done manually, or using some other dependency management tool.

Regards,
Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development