Mailing List Archive

Re: ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.101.1 Patch has been released
On 08/01/2019 05:33, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:

>> https://blog.clamav.net/2019/01/clamav-01011-patch-has-been-released.html <https://blog.clamav.net/2019/01/clamav-01011-patch-has-been-released.html>
>>
>> ClamAV 0.101.1 Patch has been released
>>
>> ClamAV 0.101.1 is an urgent patch release to address an issue in 0.101.0 specifically for developers that depend on libclamav. The issue in 0.101.0 is that clamav.h required supporting headers that were not provided on make install. To address this issue, the internal cltypes.h header has been replaced by a clamav-types.h that is generated on ./configure and will be installed alongside clamav.h.
>>
>> Other changes
>>
>> Increased the default CommandReadTimeout to reduce the chance of mail loss if using clamav-milter with the TCP socket. Contribution by Scott Kitterman. Fixes for --with-libjson and --with-libcurl to correctly accept library install path arguments.
>>
>> Acknowledgements
>>
>> The ClamAV team thanks the following individuals for their code submissions: Scott Kitterman
>>
>> Known Issues
>>
>> Some users have observed crashes the first time running freshclam after upgrading from 0.100 to 0.101. We haven't yet tracked down the source of the issue, but have found that the issue resolves itself and that subsequent calls to freshclam work as expected.

Building on Solaris 11.3 with GCC/G++ 7.3.0 and I just noticed gives
this warning. The warning was also in 0.101.0, and possibly earlier
versions, but I didn't notice it.

libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libclammspack -I..
-I./nsis -I../libltdl -DWARN_DLOPEN_FAIL -I/usr/local/include
-I/opt/local/include -I../libclammspack/mspack -DHAVE_INTERNAL_MSPACK
-DHAVE_YARA -DSEARCH_LIBDIR=\"/opt/local/lib\" -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/include/json-c -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/include/libxml2 -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -MT libclamav_la-pdf.lo -MD
-MP -MF .deps/libclamav_la-pdf.Tpo -c pdf.c -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/libclamav_la-pdf.o
pdf.c: In function 'find_length':
pdf.c:947:80: warning: passing argument 5 of 'cli_strntoul_wrap' from
incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
if (CL_SUCCESS != cli_strntoul_wrap(index,
bytes_remaining, 0, 10, &length)) {

^
In file included from yara_clam.h:46:0,
from others.h:58,
from matcher.h:29,
from others.h:22,
from pdf.c:56:
str.h:78:12: note: expected 'long unsigned int *' but argument is of
type 'size_t * {aka unsigned int *}'
cl_error_t cli_strntoul_wrap(const char *buf, size_t buf_size, int
fail_at_nondigit, int base, unsigned long *result);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please submit your patches to our Bugzilla: http://bugzilla.clamav.net

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV? blog: ClamAV 0.101.1 Patch has been released [ In reply to ]
Solaris is definitely not one of the OSs in our build farm. Just FYI.

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.101.1 Patch has been released [ In reply to ]
On 09/01/2019 00:01, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:
> Solaris is definitely not one of the OSs in our build farm. Just FYI.

Oh, I'm not surprised about that, I can't even attempt to justify you
having an x64 VM set-up to build clamav, given that the set of Solaris
clamav users may be no greater than 1! :-)

That said, I had a bit more of a look at the problem, it appears to be a
32-bit build only problem, 64-bit builds do not show this problem, on
either Solaris or OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.

Getting 64-bit builds working completely on Solaris is a bitch-fight
with configure, I didn't try to get a 32-bit build working on Tumbleweed.

Given that the problem has also been seen on a Linux system, I expect it
will be dealt with, in the fullness of time. ;-)

Cheers,
Gary B-)

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV? blog: ClamAV 0.101.1 Patch has been released [ In reply to ]
Joel wasn't aware, but we do actually test ClamAV builds on Solaris on a Sparc machine before each release because it's the only big-endian machine we have on hand. Our testing is limited to a manual cursory build and run-test though. We have limited access to the machine (it's in a shared environment) and it is incredibly slow.

I also have an x64 Solaris VM in our build-acceptance Jenkins node-set, but not our full QA-suite node-set. However, it is presently disabled because getting builds working correctly was a fight and I ran out of time the last time I was working on it. I've been meaning to give it another go sometime.

I think you're right about this warning manifesting on only 32bit machines. I think we need to add some automated checks for warnings (discounting some harmless ones) in our build-acceptance and/or QA test suites to alert on this kind of thing. We don't manually build on 32bit machines often.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Re: ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.101.1 Patch has been released [ In reply to ]
On Friday 11 January 2019, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) wrote:

> We're doing our best to track libclammspack very closely with the
> upstream libmspack project.

You gave me an idea: I built compatibility package with system's libmspack.
Thanks.

Sergey