Mailing List Archive

Re: ClamAV(r) blog: ClamAV 0.101.0 has been released!
On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 1:51 PM, Joel Esler wrote:
> > https://blog.clamav.net/2018/12/clamav-01010-has-been-released.html
> > <https://blog.clamav.net/2018/12/clamav-01010-has-been-released.html>
> >
> > ClamAV 0.101.0 has been released!
> >
> > We are pleased to announce the release of ClamAV 0.101.0! Please take a
> look at the below release notes for further information.

Hi there Joel,

For years, the ClamAV "Alternate Versions" have historically been provided for Windows in both x86 and x64 versions. In fact, the page at: http://www.clamav.net/downloads#otherversions still presents the option to select a Win32 version, however the Win32 version that is there is actually the x64 version and no x86 version is provided.

Was this intentional?

Thanks.

- Mark Pizzolato

Please submit your patches to our Bugzilla: http://bugzilla.clamav.net

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: ClamAV(r) blog: ClamAV 0.101.0 has been released! [ In reply to ]
Hi Mark, everyone,

We'll have to adjust how to present the ClamAV Windows installer on the website. In 0.101, we have switched to use InnoSetup to build the installer. Our new installer packages both 32 and 64bit versions. The installer will install the correct version for your system.

-Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Re: ClamAV(r) blog: ClamAV 0.101.0 has been released! [ In reply to ]
Hi Micah,

Hmmm... OK.

A while back there used to be zip files of the x86 and x64 binaries that were
available amongst the "Alternate Versions".

It would be nice if a single (or separate) zip file was available now since it
isn't easy to extract just the version you want from the current .exe installer.

Can this be done now?

Thanks.

- Mark Pizzolato

Re: ClamAV(r) blog: ClamAV 0.101.0 has been released! [ In reply to ]
Is there a reason you want us to go backwards? The installer will install the correct version for your system. This simplifies our build process and still makes it okay with your system.

Re: ClamAV(r) blog: ClamAV 0.101.0 has been released! [ In reply to ]
We do provide portable zips for 32 and 64 bit versions that you an unzip to any location to install in addition to the installer application.
Convenience links:
* 32bit zip: http://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.101.0-win-x86-portable.zip
* 64bit zip: http://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.101.0-win-x64-portable.zip
* Installer: http://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/ClamAV-0.101.0.exe

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

devel@subscriptions.pizzolato.net<mailto:devel@subscriptions.pizzolato.net><mailto:clamav-

Re: ClamAV(r) blog: ClamAV 0.101.0 has been released! [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 8:31 AM, Micah Snyder wrote:
> We do provide portable zips for 32 and 64 bit versions that you an unzip to any
> location to install in addition to the installer application.
> Convenience links:
> * 32bit zip: http://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.101.0-
> win-x86-portable.zip
> * 64bit zip: http://www.clamav.net/downloads/production/clamav-0.101.0-