Mailing List Archive

ClamAV 0.101.0 beta has been posted!
Welcome to the ClamAV 0.101.0 beta!

Important notes about this release:

• Changes to the libclamav API:
• Those who build applications around our shared library will need to change how they declare and pass scanning options to libclamav. Please take a look at the change to our example code<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/commit/048a88e61558726bd9ba66ec3195b63d61d8a430#diff-157ba3aeb37e0d00c1d5d5e4920f8210> for details.
• Many of the scanning option #defines have changed. These can be found in our clamav.h header<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/blob/dev/0.101/libclamav/clamav.h#L159>.
• The libclamav version number has changed.
• Some of the clamd config and clamscan command line option names have changed. The original versions will still work for a time, but eventually they will be deprecated. These options in question are detailed in the NEWS<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/blob/dev/0.101/NEWS.md> document.
• A new sub-signature type called "Byte Compare". Byte Compare sub-signatures can be used to evaluate a numeric value at a given offset from the start of another (matched) sub-signature within the same logical signature. That numerical value may be interpreted from signed ascii decimal, unsigned ascii hex, or unsigned binary data relative to a match offset. Your participation in testing this feature during our beta period will be greatly appreciated. For details, see the signature writing documentation<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/blob/dev/0.101/docs/UserManual/Signatures.md#byte-compare-subsignatures-clamav-0101--subsigid_triggeroffsetbyte_optionscomparisons>.
• Changes to our documentation. Documentation is now in Markdown and should be easier to navigate and easier to contribute to.
• Support for extraction/scanning of RAR v5.x archives.

For additional details on changes in 0.101, please read the notes in our NEWS<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/blob/dev/0.101/NEWS.md> document.

You may download the ClamAV 0.101.0 beta at the usual location on ClamAV.net<https://www.clamav.net/downloads>.

--
Joel Esler