Mailing List Archive

contrib code
Hello ClamAV users and developers,

I want to know if there are users out there who actively use, or rely on, the code/features in the "contrib" directory in the ClamAV source repository.
More bluntly, I am thinking seriously about deleting this entire directory: https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/tree/dev/0.101/contrib

At a glance, it appears to me that no one has contributed to it in a meaningful way in at least 6 years:
https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/commits/dev/0.101/contrib

If you desire us to hold on to any of the code in the directory, can you please tell me what code is valuable to you, if why you need us to keep it in the repository.
Feel free to email me directly if you want to reply privately.

Thanks much!
Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Please submit your patches to our Bugzilla: http://bugzilla.clamav.net

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: contrib code [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 10:29:29PM +0000, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) wrote:

> If you desire us to hold on to any of the code in the directory, can
> you please tell me what code is valuable to you, if why you need us to
> keep it in the repository.

The contents of the test directory may be of use to people.

John
--
It's a hurtful place, the world, in and of itself. We don't need to add to it.
And we're in a place now where we all need one another, and it's going to get

-- Prince Rogers Nelson (7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016), funk/rock/pop/R&B singer,
songwriter, and actor, Tavis Smiley Show, PBS (27 April 2009)