Mailing List Archive

Home Network Scan Feature
Hi ClamAV Developers,

I would like to appreciate ClamAV Developers for their efforts on
ClamAV Development and i planned to decided to contribute as
developer for ClamAV Source Code for Unix/Unix like systems. i have
some plans to include Home Network Scan Security Feature in ClamAV

please find below my use case

1.Discover network devices connected to home Network

2.Check default user name and password for web management devices like
camera, printer, router

3.Check port-farwarding and device accessability over internet

4. implement multi-threaded portscanner

5.Calculating device security percentage based on above parameters

I have implemented basic version of this feature for mac OS X Environment

I am looking forward to see some suggestions from ClamAV Development Team

Thanks,

Satish Yaduvanshi

Crazy Thinker Inc

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: Home Network Scan Feature [ In reply to ]
i am very dissapointed.. i am not getting any kind of help from ClamAV Dev
Team even though i have shown self interest to contribute as Developer for
ClamAV Code Base

Re: Home Network Scan Feature [ In reply to ]
If you’d like to contribute to the code database, I would suggest that you visit the code on GitHub (https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-devel) and make some changes.

We review the pull requests!

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler@cisco.com<mailto:jesler@cisco.com>