Mailing List Archive

Question about LibClamAV
Hi ClamAV Developers, Users

I have compiled the ClamAV source code on Mac OS X and investigating
libclamav.dylib and libclamav.7.dylib internal files information for my
curiousity.. Surprisingly i got below info when i ran grep with some
pattern
*admin-macbookPro-2:clamav-devel-0.99.2 tringappsinc$ grep -ir "This file
was created by ClamAV for internal use and should not be run"*

*Binary file ./libclamav/.libs/libclamav.7.dylib matches*

*Binary file ./libclamav/.libs/libclamav.dylib matches*

*Binary file ./libclamav/.libs/libclamav_la-rebuildpe.o matches*

*Binary file ./libclamav/.libs/libclamav_la-upx.o matches*

i still don't understand why those above binary files contains that
pattern(that i mentioned above) even single source file of ClamAV
Codebase. from where this pattern appending to .dylib files.

i am so curious to understand things behind it. is there any logic ClamV
Internally using?

Could please any one of you to help me on this

Thanks,

Crazy Thinker Inc

Thanks,

Crazy Thinker

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: Question about LibClamAV [ In reply to ]
Hi ClamAV Developers, Users

Sorry.. i missed proper info in my previous mail thread.. please find
correct info below

I have compiled the ClamAV source code on Mac OS X and investigating
libclamav.dylib and libclamav.7.dylib internal files information for my
curiousity.. Surprisingly i got below info when i ran grep with some
pattern
*admin-macbookPro-2:clamav-devel-0.99.2 tringappsinc$ grep -ir "This file
was created by ClamAV for internal use and should not be run"*

*Binary file ./libclamav/.libs/libclamav.7.dylib matches*

*Binary file ./libclamav/.libs/libclamav.dylib matches*

*Binary file ./libclamav/.libs/libclamav_la-rebuildpe.o matches*

*Binary file ./libclamav/.libs/libclamav_la-upx.o matches*

i still don't understand why those above binary files contains that
pattern(that i mentioned above) even though single source file of ClamAV
Codebase doesn't have that kind of pattern . From where this pattern