Mailing List Archive

Re: [clamav-users] Identify Threat Risk Level with ClamAV
Wouldn’t all malware be a large risk?

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler@cisco.com<mailto:jesler@cisco.com>

On Apr 14, 2017, at 12:47 AM, crazy thinker <crazythinker91@gmail.com<mailto:crazythinker91@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi ClamAV Developers,Users

I know that ClamAV is a very powerful anti-virus scanner.i am looking for
the feature of threat risk level(high,low,medium) with ClamAV

ClamAV Development Team,

you guys have ideas on implementing this feature in upcoming relesases of
ClamAV

i would like to contribute to implement this feature.. could anyone of you
give a brief idea on how to implement it with ClamAV Virus Scanner

for an example

if Y threat is found on X Machine,

i have to represent the scan result of file with Virus Attributes

*Virus Name VirusFamily RiskLevel*

Thanks,
Crazy Thinker

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Identify Threat Risk Level with ClamAV [ In reply to ]
@joel

No. all malware would not be large risk.. for an example, EICAR test file
is sample virus file.it can't make big damage to system.
I think malware can be classified into folllowing formats like low level
threat, high level threat and high level threat based on malware's impact

Thanks
Crazy Thinker Inc