Mailing List Archive

Building Errors for Windows Platrom
Hi,

I have download the clamav code by using following git URL
git clone https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-devel.git

I want to build this git repo code for Win32, so i followed the below
instructions and i found this code is not building and i am facing lot
of errors.

I am using VS2010 and tried to resolve as much errors as possible.
Now finally it says

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'C:\clamdeps\win32\mspack\lib\mspack.lib'

This error shows it is expecting mspack library in the above path, but
from where i need to get this mspack library, it is not described in
the documentation.

My query is how can i build this clamav code smoothly for Windows32?

Please help me to resolve this.

--- Code configuration ---

After downloading the source code, minimal configuration is required:
just run the win32/configure.bat script *from within the git shell*.
Skip this step if you are building from an official release tarball.

--- Compilation ---

Open win32/ClamAV.sln in Visual Studio and build all.
The output directory for the binaries is either /win32/(Win32|x64)/Debug or
/win32/(Win32|x64)/Release depending on the configuration you pick.

Note: at the time of writing Batch Build is broken in VS10:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/556158
Use MSBuild instead.

Regards
Ajay

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: Building Errors for Windows Platrom [ In reply to ]
Hi,

ClamAV on Windows is moving to Visual Studio 2015 for releases beyond
0.99.2. Please try it with Visual Studio 2015.

Steve