Mailing List Archive

Signal Response for clamscan
Hello,

Our company had a need for the Summary to be output, then scan to end (using clamscan) if a particular signal was sent to the clamscan process. I downloaded the source and made the modification so if a USR1 signal is sent clamscan will end with the following output.

The use case here is we have written a wrapper for clamscan which will send the output to a SQL database, then is parsed on a daily basis to generate reports and send out notifications. We have a window of time for the scans to run, when the window ends a USR1 signal will be sent to kill the job. Before adding the modified signal handling, clamscan would exit without providing the Summary.