Mailing List Archive

clamav daily.cvd definition file size history
I am involved in a project in which I need to calculate bandwidth usage of a device over past six months. The device includes clamav, and the device pulls daily.cvd definition file from a local repo. That local repo has no activity history from which I can deduce daily.cvd file size history over period of time of interest. I cannot find a public mirror that simply lists daily.cvd file. Where can I get a simple list of the daily.cvd file daily release history that includes daily file size from mid Feb to current?

________________________________

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: clamav daily.cvd definition file size history [ In reply to ]
We do not have a publicly accessible history of all daily.cvd files. I
think the mirrors focus on serving the current versions of files. Given
what you said about downloading cvd files and not cdiff files, this should
give you a reasonable approximation for your purposes.

Based on my notes for 2015, daily.cvd was approximately:
- 32M Jan 1 to Mar 5 [version 19864 to 20152]
- 33M Mar 5 to May 4 [version 20153 to 20415]
- 34M May 4 to Jun 9 [version 20416 to 20576]
- 35M Jun 17 to Jul 10 [version 20577 to 20674]
- 36M Jul 10 to Aug 10 [version 20651 to 20773]
- 37M Aug 10 to current day [version 20774+]

Hope this helps,

Dave R.

--
---