someone point me to a documentation using which I can achieve it? Or
someone here can give me a quick walk through?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards....

Nibin.

http://TechsWare.in

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: Use ClamAV library/functions in C++ [ In reply to ]
The best place to find the documentation to using the ClamAV API functions
can be found in the source distribution's docs directory in the
clamdoc.pdf. In the 0.98.5 source, the documentation for libclamav (section
6) starts on page 22 with the API details (section 6.3) starting on page
26. Additionally, the documentation is available in html format in the
docs/html directory of the source distribution.

Another thing that could be useful would be to examine existing
applications that integrate ClamAV. In particular, you could look at how
clamscan was implemented within the source file clamscan/manager.c.

Finally, don't forget to include the clamav.h header file [#include <
clamav.net>] in your source. All the function of the public API can be
found in clamav.h.

If you have any particular questions, free free to ask and I'll see if I
can find someone to answer your questions.

-Kevin

Re: Use ClamAV library/functions in C++ [ In reply to ]
Thank you for the quick response Kevin :) I will read the mentioned docs.

Re: Use ClamAV library/functions in C++ [ In reply to ]
Hello Kevin,

I get the following error while compiling my program.

============
n file included from techsguardware.c:4:
libclamav/str.h:37: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before
‘uint16_t’
libclamav/str.h:38: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’
before ‘*’ token
techsguardware.c:13:27: error: clamav-config.h: No such file or directory
===========

Here are my includes.

===========
#include "libclamav/str.h"
#include "libclamav/clamav.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <fcntl.h>

What I trying to do is, to load selected + custom DBs and scan a file.
Please would you help me to find what is wrong in my code?