Mailing List Archive

HTTPS Support?
My team is currently evaluating AV solutions and we're interesting in using
ClamAV. However, due to policy requirements the updates need to be
downloaded via a secure protocol (e.g. https). Yes, I'm aware that this is
pointless because the signature of downloaded CVDs is verified to
identify/prevent tampering, but the policy requirement still stands for us.
Has anyone considered supporting HTTPS for retrieving updates? I don't see
any mention of it in the archives so I'm guessing no...

1. I see that the code in manager.c is hard-coded to use http. I could
update that to read an option from the config file for either http or https
and then pull updates from our own https mirror...
2. Due to the same policy requirements, our mirror will also have to get *its
*definitions via a secure protocol. Considering that manager.c is
hard-coded to use http, I assume there are no https mirrors out there,
correct? Alternatively the sync method for public mirrors (rsync overssh)
would meet that need, but that would require us to make the mirror public,
which I'm not sure we could do.

Appreciate any answers/feedback

--
Matt Bearup

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: HTTPS Support? [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I think this is really not required, but still I can add a certificate
for our official mirror at https://clamav.upjs.sk/.
But still I think this will be only one official mirror with https support.
Content to this mirror is uploaded over ssh, so also our source is secure.

SAL

Re: HTTPS Support? [ In reply to ]
That would be perfect, thanks so much for your help! I'll continue
investigating the updates to manager.c.
--
Matt Bearup