Mailing List Archive

Test suit cannot fork process for debugging with clamav.
Hello All,

I try to debugging test suite of Clamav. Test suite writes for
fork process in order to debug code. First step, Program started by
libtools that declare the gdb debug tool. After run programs. It's
represents error as below. I debug "fork_setup()" function in the main
function but show error SIGSEGV. It's show segmentation fault. How i can
debug a source code in another way? That's is source code of test suite
for fork process[https://gist.github.com/2651305].

$ ./libtool --mode=execute gdb -q
~/Clamav/unit_tests_checkfs/tests/.libs/check_cli_load
Reading symbols from
/san01/home/chatsiri/workspacecpp/Clamav/unit_tests_checkfs/tests/.libs/check_cli_load...done.
(gdb) b 179
Breakpoint 1 at 0x401147: file check_cli_load.c, line 179.
(gdb) run check_cli_load
Starting program:
/san01/home/chatsiri/workspacecpp/Clamav/unit_tests_checkfs/tests/.libs/check_cli_load
check_cli_load

Breakpoint 1, main () at check_cli_load.c:180
warning: Source file is more recent than executable.
180 fork_setup();
(gdb) n
Running suite(s): matchers

0x000000392d879cb7 in strncmp () from /lib64/libc.so.6

Best Regards,
Chatsiri Rattana.