proposal from student for years 2012 as link [
http://wiki.clamav.net/bin/view/Main/GoogleSummerOfCode2011],right?

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012

Best Regards,
Chatsiri Rattana.
--
:--------------------------------------------------------
http://about.me/chatsiri.ratana
Re: I finding GSoC 2011 mentor of the clamav project. Who have a time for mentor role of project? [ In reply to ]
It works a bit in reverse of the below.

1. Mentor organization in this case the ClamAV team submits an
application to Google to participate in the GSoC.
2. If that is accepted then students can submit proposals for acceptance.

We'll be submitting an application to Google for GSoC in 2012.

If you already have a proposal though, please send it to clamav-devel
and we'll review it.

Cheers,
-matt

--
Matthew Watchinski
V.P. Vulnerability Research (VRT)
Re: I finding GSoC 2011 mentor of the clamav project. Who have a time for mentor role of project? [ In reply to ]
On 14/02/2012 12:08, Matt Watchinski wrote:
> It works a bit in reverse of the below.
>
> 1. Mentor organization in this case the ClamAV team submits an
> application to Google to participate in the GSoC.
> 2. If that is accepted then students can submit proposals for acceptance.
>
> We'll be submitting an application to Google for GSoC in 2012.
>
> If you already have a proposal though, please send it to clamav-devel
> and we'll review it.
>
> Cheers,
> -matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks you for suggestion. I will submit pre-proposal to
clamav-devel in 30/02/2011 [1] or as soon as possible.
Clamav GSoC 2011 be probable concept that can be applied in years
2012. It would be start point of great idea in clamav GSoC 2012. Do you
have any idea?

Best Regards,
-Chatsiri Rattana

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

Re: I finding GSoC 2011 mentor of the clamav project. Who have a time for mentor role of project? [ In reply to ]
Some ideas that spring to mind.

Additional unpacking support like WiSE installer, or DMG
Better support for PDF and flash files.
Improvements to classifications of signatures, so that output has more
relevance than signature name.
Additional file parsing features for all the MS docX formats
Stuff from the list for 2011.

Other ideas from the community welcome.

Cheers,
-matt

Re: I finding GSoC 2011 mentor of the clamav project. Who have a time for mentor role of project? [ In reply to ]
Hello All,
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Matt Watchinski <mwatchinski@sourcefire.com
> wrote:

> Some ideas that spring to mind.
>
> Additional unpacking support like WiSE installer, or DMG

Can you define difficultly level of idea? I found code a part of
Clamav have scan unpacking function. Not support WiSE installer only,
right?

> Better support for PDF and flash files.
> Improvements to classifications of signatures, so that output has more
> relevance than signature name.

Improving of classifications of signature. Will be effected with
performance fo Clamav and algorithms in order to scanning whether or
not? Because Clamav loaded signature of virus from database ( CVD ) into
tries before to get file scans with it's.

Best Regards,
Chatsiri Rattana.

Re: I finding GSoC 2011 mentor of the clamav project. Who have a time for mentor role of project? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Chatsiri Ratana <insiderboy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Matt Watchinski <mwatchinski@sourcefire.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Some ideas that spring to mind.
>>
>> Additional unpacking support like WiSE installer, or DMG
>
>  Can you define  difficultly  level of  idea?  I found code a part of
> Clamav have scan unpacking function. Not support WiSE installer only,
> right?

Not sure what your asking, but this would be unpacking support for DMG
files so the contents can be correctly inspected, and unpacking of
WiSE installer bundles so internals are correctly inspected. From my
perspective WiSE seems more difficult than DMG, but both tasks are
relatively difficult.

>> Better support for PDF and flash files.
>> Improvements to classifications of signatures, so that output has more
>> relevance than signature name.
>
>   Improving of classifications of signature. Will be effected with
> performance fo Clamav and algorithms in order to scanning whether or
> not? Because Clamav loaded signature of virus from database ( CVD ) into
> tries before to get file scans with it's.

This is more about classification for output, and ease of use for PUA,
and PACKED labelled signatures. Would also focus on configuration,
for easy selections of which categories to use.

Cheers,
-matt