How to compile unit_test framework on win32 ?
Hello All,

I built code of clamav success on M$ Virtual C++ 10. I have an
idea to build the unit_test package of clamav for testing modules.
Source code in package specify the Makefile file only which built them
on Linux OS. Could i try the Cygwin for compiling unit_test package?

Best Regards,
Chatsiri Rattana.
Re: How to compile unit_test framework on win32 ? [ In reply to ]
On 01/10/2012 07:03 AM, chatsiri wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I built code of clamav success on M$ Virtual

You mean Visual.

> C++ 10. I have an idea to build the unit_test package of clamav for testing modules.

libcheck doesn't work on Windows right now, due its use of fork().
Although I've seen some patches on libcheck mailing list working towards solving that,
so eventually it'll get there (in the next few years).

> Source code in package specify the Makefile file only which built them
> on Linux OS. Could i try the Cygwin for compiling unit_test package?

Building ClamAV with Cygwin is not supported.
And building part of it with MSVC and part of it with Cygwin even less.

To test ClamAV on Windows you can run freshclam to download the databases,
and then scan contrib\test, and make sure all the clam* files there are detected.

Best regards,
--Edwin