doesn't have an emulator (except yc emulator) to detect polymorphic viruses
or support heuristic detections .

I suggest to add an open source emulator to the application to make it run
when the md5 scan failed to detect any virus .

I suggest to use Pokas x86 Emulator (http://sourceforge.net/projects/x86emu/
)
(as I'm the Author of it) or support ida-emulator by Crist Eagle

Thanks
Re: Supporting Emulators [ In reply to ]
I think if a discussion were to take place on this, Bochs should
certainly be an option.

http://bochs.sourceforge.net/

It is very mature and used in great projects like qemu.

--
http://volatile-minds.blogspot.com -- blog
http://www.volatileminds.net -- website
Re: Supporting Emulators [ In reply to ]
the only problem in Bochs and qemu is they are built for supporting full
virtualization . so emulate the hardware and the the cpu and they don't
support emulating the operating system

so you need to emulate the operating system (Windows or Linux)

you have a good choice is Pandora's Bochs but it's very slow and you
couldn't use it in an antivirus because you can't run it inside an antivirus
transparently

Ida-emu could be modified to support running inside an antivirus. it's a
good choice as it's fast and support windows and linux virtualization
(emulating linux and windows)

Pokas emulator is a good choice as it support conditional breakpoints
without decreasing the performance and support many breakpoints. but it
emulates only windows and a bit slower than ida-emu

Thanks