I would like to just use daily.cvd instead of both of daily.cvd and
mail.cvd because my system has a small memory.
The daily.cvd contains about 70K signatures a month ago but more than
110K now. I am afraid it will be increased every day.

Can you tell me the max size of daily.cvd?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
--Tony
Re: About the size of daily.cvd [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 12:44:35 +0800
Tony Zhai <tonyzhai@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to know the max size of the daily.cvd.
> I would like to just use daily.cvd instead of both of daily.cvd and
> mail.cvd

I don't think that just skipping main.cvd is a good idea, you'll miss
most signatures.

What kind of files are you scanning?
If you are scanning only your own email you might consider rejecting
all emails that contain executable attachments. You can do that with a
single ClamAV signature for example.
Then you could remove the PE signatures from your local DB with a
script. That will get you rid of 739024 signatures.

> because my system has a small memory.

Have you tried 0.96.2? It has some memory usage optimizations.

> The daily.cvd contains about 70K signatures a month ago but more than
> 110K now. I am afraid it will be increased every day.
>
> Can you tell me the max size of daily.cvd?

In theory there is no maximum size.

Best regards,
--Edwin