When files are added to daily.cvd and when to main.cvd?

Thanks much,

~Moe
Re: daily.cvd vs main.cvd [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Mohammed Al-Saleh <moealsaleh@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I first thought that the daily signatures are added to the main ones every
> while ( and thus removed from the daily.cvd).
> After checking, it does not seem to work as I thought, :).
> Can any body tell me how the two files are related (or they are not at
> all)?
> When files are added to daily.cvd and when to main.cvd?

Sorry, I meant to say "when signatures are added ..."
Re: daily.cvd vs main.cvd [ In reply to ]
On 05/27/2010 06:51 PM, Mohammed Al-Saleh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I first thought that the daily signatures are added to the main ones every
> while ( and thus removed from the daily.cvd).

They are transferred, but main.cvd updates are rare: main.cvd is only at
version 52, while daily is at version 11072 already.

> After checking, it does not seem to work as I thought, :).

Not all signatures are transferred, those that may need updates in the
near future are not. For example pdb, and wdb files are never transferred.

The separation of main.cvd and daily.cvd helped a lot when ClamAV didn't
know about incremental updates at all.

Best regards,
--Edwin