Mailing List Archive

ClamAV® blog: ClamAV 0.99.4 has been released!
http://blog.clamav.net/2018/03/clamav-0994-has-been-released.html

ClamAV 0.99.4 has been released!
Join us as we welcome ClamAV 0.99.4 to the family!

0.99.4 Release Notes

0.99.4 is a security patch release, quick on the heels of the 0.99.3 security patch release. This is a renewal of our commitment to the ClamAV community for timely fixes to critical issues.

0.99.4 addresses a few outstanding vulnerability bugs. It includes fixes for:

* CVE-2012-6706<https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-6706>
* CVE-2017-6419<https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2017-6419>
* CVE-2017-11423<https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2017-11423>
* CVE-2018-1000085<https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2018-1000085>

There are also a few bug fixes that were not assigned CVE’s, but were important enough to address while we had the chance. One of these was the notorious file descriptor exhaustion bug that caused outages late last January.

In addition to the above, 0.99.4 fixes:

* CVE-2018-0202<https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2018-0202>
* Two newly reported vulnerabilities in the PDF parsing code.
* GCC 6, C++11 compatibility issues.

Thank you to the following ClamAV community members for your code submissions and bug reports!

Alberto Garcia
Bernhard Vogel
Francisco Oca
Hanno Böck
Jeffrey Yasskin
Keith Jones
mtowalski
Suleman Ali
yongji.oy
xrym

Stay tuned for the upcoming 0.100.0 release candidate!

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler@cisco.com<mailto:jesler@cisco.com>