Mailing List Archive

ClamAV®: The new ClamAV.net is here!
http://blog.clamav.net/2014/08/the-new-clamavnet-is-here.html

For the past several months we've been working diligently on a complete refresh of several Open Source websites, designs and logos. The first website we rolled out a refresh of was Snort.org<http://Snort.org> back in June.

At the same time, we've been working hard on ClamAV.net<http://www.clamav.net/>. When the ClamAV project was acquired in 2003 by Sourcefire (now a part of Cisco), we retained the original website and hosting provider the website was built on, but we took this opportunity to start from scratch.

As with Snort.org<http://Snort.org>, this wasn't just a facelift for the website, this was a complete rewrite. Much of the content you are looking for is the same, for instance the virus submission forms are still on the site, but we've build some improvements:

* Simple Navigation
* Much like we tried to do with Snort.org<http://Snort.org>, almost all content on ClamAV.net<http://ClamAV.net> is one or two clicks away.
* Faster
* Not only is the site faster to load on the browser, but it is less load on the server side too.
* Documentation
* We now dynamically load the ClamAV FAQ from Github onto the site. If someone would like to contribute to the FAQ, they may do so by submitting a pull request (at https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq. Which, once accepted, will be rendered on the main clamav.net<http://clamav.net> site for all to see.
* Elimination of dead links and pages

We really hope that you enjoy on the new ClamAV.net<http://ClamAV.net>, and are looking forward to hearing your feedback at vrtweb@cisco.com<mailto:vrtweb@cisco.com>!

Please take a look at the new website over at: http://www.clamav.net