Mailing List Archive

Introducing ClamAV community signatures
http://blog.clamav.net/2014/02/introducing-clamav-community-signatures.html

Introducing ClamAV community signatures

I am pleased to announce the creation of a new ClamAV signatures
contribution program. My name is Alain Zidouemba and I will be managing
this program.

If you would like to submit a ClamAV signature, you may do so by emailing
community-sigs [at] lists [dot] clamav [dot] net. We will require that
each signature:

- not be a hash-based signature
- be accompanied by a MD5/SHA1/SHA256 for a sample the signature is meant
to detect.
- come with a brief description of the threat the signature is trying to
detect and what the signature is looking for

Please DO NOT attach malware to your email. Instead, submit your
sample here<http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/sendvirus/submit-malware/>
.

Signatures submitted will be tweaked if necessary in order to conform to
our standards. After the signature passes quality assurance testing, it
will be released with proper attribution unless you prefer to remain
anonymous.

You can subscribe to the mailing list
here<http://lists.clamav.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/community-sigs>.
More information about this program will be added in the
FAQ<https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq> in
a few days.

We look forward to a fruitful collaboration on community-sigs [at] lists
[dot] clamav [dot] net.