Mailing List Archive

ClamAV is migrating from subversion to git
Dear ClamAV users,

we would like to announce that git will be the new Version
Control System (VCS) for ClamAV.

During the last 2 weeks we have been working on the migration of
our Subversion repositories to git.
The new git.clamav.net server is now in production and contains
the latest development code of ClamAV.

We have documented the basic steps required to use the new git
repository at:

http://www.clamav.net/download/sources/

If you are interested in learning more about git, you can start from the
git user manual:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html

In order to give you time to get used to git and eventually adapt
your automatic build scripts to use it, we decided to keep the
SVN server active for the next 3 months.

Whenever our developers commit some new code to the git repository,
the same commit will be immediately replicated on the SVN repository.

The legacy SVN server will be switched off at the beginning of
October 2009.

The WebSVN interface and SVNStats services have been already
switched off, and are currently replaced by the respective git
equivalents at:

http://git.clamav.net/gitweb

and

http://www.clamav.net/gitstat

Additionally, daily snapshots of ClamAV development code are still being
provided at:

http://www.clamav.net/snapshot

If you have any issue with our git repository please do not hesitate to
contact us.

Best Regards,

--
The ClamAV team (http://www.clamav.net/team)

--
Luca Gibelli (luca _at_ clamav.net) ClamAV, a GPL anti-virus toolkit
[Tel] +39 0187 1851862 [Fax] +39 0187 1852252 [IM] nervous/jabber.linux.it