I'm pretty sure this won't work but wanted to verify. You can't use both a 1st Gen VWIC-2MFT-T1 and a VWIC2-2MFT-T1 in the same router correct? I've got a client with this combo and I see both cards in sh hard but only one set of T1 Controllers shows up. It's a 2801 if that matters and I do have the cards in the right slots. (1 and 3)
Thanks!
Matthew Loraditch
Re: Compatibility Question [ In reply to ]
my understanding is that 1st gen VWICs don't work in ISRs.

Scott

Re: Compatibility Question [ In reply to ]
I believe first gen vwic modules are supported, howeverm first gen WIC modules do not. A wic-1dsu-t1-v2 is needed for an ISR.

I get them mixed up too, so I could be wrong...

Not sure if both vwic versions can be used at the same time.

Is it slot 1 and slot 3 on a 2801 that takes vwics?

*** Sent from a mobile device with very tiny keys. Please excuse my typos. ***

my understanding is that 1st gen VWICs don't work in ISRs.

Scott

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Matthew Loraditch <
MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure this won't work but wanted to verify. You can't use both
> a 1st Gen VWIC-2MFT-T1 and a VWIC2-2MFT-T1 in the same router correct?
> I've got a client with this combo and I see both cards in sh hard but only
> one set of T1 Controllers shows up. It's a 2801 if that matters and I do
> have the cards in the right slots. (1 and 3)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matthew Loraditch

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission (including any accompanying attachments) is intended solely for its authorized recipient(s), and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, or responsible for delivering some or all of this transmission to an intended recipient, be aware that any review, copying, printing, distribution, use or disclosure of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please delete it from your system without copying it, and contact sender immediately by Reply e-mail, or by calling 913-307-2300, so that our address records can be corrected.

Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might negatively affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the sender for any loss or damage arising in any way in the event that such a virus or defect exists.

Re: Compatibility Question [ In reply to ]
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/prod_brochure0
900aecd8019dc1f.pdf says that the VWIC and VWIC2 are supported in the
28XX and 38XX series.

Re: Compatibility question [ In reply to ]
Yes, runs fine on 7.03k, which is the latest patch IIRC.

From the docs:

- *ESXi patches* within a supported ESXi major/minor/maintenance (e.g.
patch 6.7.0d for "L1TF – VMM" mitigation): all are supported unless
otherwise indicated, or if they clash with other requirements in this
document.

Found in
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/cisco-collaboration-infrastructure.html