Mailing List Archive

Unity Greeting
Hi

We have a Direct To Voicemail Transfer set up on a CTI Route Point.

Users can dial star (*) followed by the extension and go directly into
voice mail.
The problem is that Unity starts the greeting immediately which gets missed
when used to transfer an outside call.

I went into the Route Point and set a No Answer duration to 4 seconds but
it still goes straight to voice mail.
So I reverted back to checking all calls to voice mail.

Is there anything on the Unity side we can do?

Thanks

Erik

This communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used,
by the recipient or any other person for the purpose of avoiding United
States federal tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or
such other person. In addition, if any United States federal tax
advice contained in this communication is used or referred to in
promoting, marketing or recommending any corporation, partnership
or other entity, investment plan, concept, structure or arrangement
(which should be assumed to be the case by a recipient or other
person who is not our client with respect to the subject matter of the
communication), then (i) such tax advice should be construed as written
to support the promotion or marketing of the transactions or matters
addressed by the advice and (ii) the recipient or other person should
seek advice based on the recipient or other person's particular
circumstances from an independent tax advisor. For further information,
please go to http://www.shearman.com/disclaimer/tax_disclosure.html

This transmittal and/or attachments may be a confidential
attorney-client communication or may otherwise be privileged or
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in
error, please notify us immediately by reply or by telephone (call us
collect at +1 212-848-8400) and immediately delete this message and
all its attachments.

Shearman & Sterling LLP is a limited liability partnership organized in
the United States under the laws of the State of Delaware, which laws
limit the personal liability of partners.

Re: Unity Greeting [ In reply to ]
;-) have the users weight a couple seconds before they start there
greeting ;-)

I asked the same thing and Tac said change your greeting to include a
couple seconds of silence before hand.

Scott

Re: Unity Greeting [ In reply to ]
There's actually two things you can do here, depending on what sort of
phone system Unity is integrated with:

1. Change the DelayBeforeOpening setting in your switch integration file
(\Commserver\IntLib\Cisco0002.ini for skinny integrations). Set this to
2 or 3 to add a delay of a few seconds before Unity starts playing a
greeting after answering. Careful with this, though, as the delay will
be added on all calls, so you can't make it too long. This should work
for any phone system.

2. If you are integrated with Callmanager, as the original poster is,
you can upgrade to TSP 8.2(1). With that version, any time the audio
stream is changed/redirected (as would be the case when transferring a
user to vm), Unity will restart the playback of whatever greeting it is
playing. I know this works for me with Unity 4.2 and 5.0, not sure
exactly what other versions though, as it is not well documented at the
moment :-)

Re: Unity greeting [ In reply to ]
Don't believe it changed from 7 -> 8.5/6 which is published now. Option 4 > 1

8.6 guide - https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/quick/voicemail/enu/86vq_enu.pdf

Here's a cached version of the 7.x guide for the TUI on google: https://bit.ly/2puxk9d