Network Analyst, CCNA

Willamette ESD

scott.voll@wesd.org <mailto:scott.voll@wesd.org>
Re: Does this list get used?? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:33:14PM -0700, Voll, Scott wrote:
> I have not seen any activity on this list in a week or so. Is there
> anyone else subscribed?

Yeah.

> We are looking at moving to Cisco IP Telephony. We are also looking
> into installing it our selves. Has anyone done the same?

I'm doing this with Cisco hardware, (phones, routers w/ NM-2V)
running SIP based images with Asterisk.

- Jared

--
Jared Mauch | pgp key available via finger from jared@puck.nether.net
clue++; | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/ My statements are only mine.
Re: Does this list get used?? [ In reply to ]
On Wed June 11 2003 00:33, Voll, Scott wrote:
> I have not seen any activity on this list in a week or so. Is there
> anyone else subscribed?

I also subscribed a week or so ago and have not seen any traffic.

> We are looking at moving to Cisco IP Telephony. We are also looking
> into installing it our selves. Has anyone done the same?

I run a large Cisco based VoIP termination network across several contries.

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/
RE: Does this list get used?? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

We are thinking to use VoIP gatewaying using Cisco equipment.

We are in the initial process, Any help/suggestions about the approach is
appreciated.

We will be using the Nortel PBXs in Branches.
We want to install VG200 , with NM-HDs as VoIP gateways from Corporate to
Branches.

In corporate we want to terminate ISDN PRIs in to the central VG200.

In the Branches, we want to connect Branch VG200s to the PBXs.

Any better approach recommendations, any suggestions?

Thank You,
Nham Kandala, 949-450-4693

RE: Does this list get used?? [ In reply to ]
Wow.

Thanks for the advise.

Which device can hold multiple Multiflex T1 cards ? i.e.,, more than 2 .

We looked at 8 port T1 card for 6509 and I think that won't really not
suitable for connecting multiple ISDN PRIs directly to the VoIP Gateway.

What is Q-SIG ?

Thank You,

Nham Kandala, Corp IT, Keane Inc. 949-450-4693

http://www.peternixon.net/ <http://www.peternixon.net/>
<http://www.peternixon.net/public.asc>

RE: Does this list get used?? [ In reply to ]
Another choice is a 3660 with Multiflex T1 cards I guess.

Thank You,

Nham Kandala, 949-450-4693