--
Jared Mauch | pgp key available via finger from jared@puck.nether.net
clue++; | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/ My statements are only mine.
7960 sip notify check-sync [ In reply to ]
does anyone have a easy to use *nix based application that
can do the check-sync notification to a series of ip phones?

- jared

RE: 7960 sip notify check-sync [ In reply to ]
There is a utility called sipsak (sipsak.berlios.de) that will allow you to send arbitrary SIP messages from a text file. That should do the job. It may try to send a bunch of retries, if it doesn't see what it thinks is a final response, but source is included.

Vovida also has a heavier app for configuring the 7960's in sip mode, but it uses apache IIRC. (http://www.vovida.org/applications/downloads/siptiger/)

Good Luck,
Andrew Bender
taqua.com

Re: 7960 sip notify check-sync [ In reply to ]
yeah, i've tried using sipsak before ..

i've never been quite sure i've gotten the syntax correct..

i'm basically looking for a unix version of this:
http://www.spettel.de/ralf/projekte/voip/help.html

(ideally not gui, more like a cli thing :) )

- jared

RE: 7960 sip notify check-sync [ In reply to ]
If you are using sipsak, make sure there are 2 CR+LF's at the end of the message body, and include ALL of the headers, including the request line, just like from a libpcap dump. Turn off all of their "helpful" header processing automata (like via, etc.) using command line switches. Cisco 7960 SIP docs have an example body of the notify message, I think.

Regards,
Andrew Bender
taqua.com