Mailing List Archive

Re: [External] Voice Gateway Dial-Peer Precedence/Processing Order
I believe this is what you're looking for. Order is based on how you have your DNIS/ANI pattern configured.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/cube-dp.html#concept_1ACF9AAF93C24BB988E4A2EE3734C8A6

From: cisco-voip <cisco-voip-bounces@puck.nether.net> On Behalf Of Gary Parker
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2022 7:39 AM
To: voip puck <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>
Subject: [External] [cisco-voip] Voice Gateway Dial-Peer Precedence/Processing Order

Hi folks, feel stupid asking what feels like a newbie question, but I can't seem to find an answer online anywhere and I 've never needed to worry about this in the past!

In what order are dial-peers checked for a match for calls passing through a voice gateway? Is it simply the order they appear in the running-config, does the dial-peer number play any part, or is there something else influencing it?

--
Gary Parker
Unified Communications Service Manager
Re: [External] Voice Gateway Dial-Peer Precedence/Processing Order [ In reply to ]
Thanks Tim, I?m not sure fully understand the precedence, still.

If I have to two dial-peers that both match a given inbound call, for example, and one is matching on ?incoming uri? and the other is matching on ?incoming called-number?, for example, will the ?incoming uri? dial-peer always match first, regardless of the order it appears in the running config, or the dial-peer number?

It?s the matches themselves that determine precedence in the matching order?

I note that you can put multiple matches within a dial-peer and only one needs to match, it?s a shame that compound matches can?t be built.

Gary

** THIS MESSAGE ORIGINATED OUTSIDE LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY **

** Be wary of links or attachments, especially if the email is unsolicited or you don't recognise the sender's email address. **

Re: [External] Voice Gateway Dial-Peer Precedence/Processing Order [ In reply to ]
Thanks Tim, understood.