Mailing List Archive

Re: [External] Re: expressway E GoDaddy certificate
Since I just love being contrarian, we are running the same cert on
both Expressway-E. It is not GoDaddy though. But feel free to take a
look at how this works. Our expe are vbhexpe.voip.uah.edu and
libexpe.voip.uah.edu and I've also attached the cert to this email.

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey

Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Network Engineering

Re: [External] Re: expressway E GoDaddy certificate [ In reply to ]
Same.

We have a multi-san certificate for our expressway-e cluster from Entrust. You have to create the CSR on the first node in the cluster, install the certificate and then copy the private key via SCP. You then load the private key and certificate into the 2nd server.

To get the private key. Login to the server that has the installed certificate via SCP as root.

The file is privkey.pem in /tandberg/persistent/certs/

Re: [External] Re: expressway E GoDaddy certificate [ In reply to ]
Curious if you passed this method by Cisco/Expressway support.

I find the Expressway support team very critical of any changes to supported methods. It's the only team that doesn't support ESXi maintenance releases unless it's explicitly stated in the document.

Re: [External] Re: expressway E GoDaddy certificate [ In reply to ]
TAC is the one that showed me. The big clue is that in expressway it has the ability to upload a private key. Why have that feature if you can't extract it?

Re: [External] Re: expressway E GoDaddy certificate [ In reply to ]
That's great then.

I remember at one point, calling for support, one Expressway TAC person told me that dual nic isn't supported on E. I was all, "hold your horses..."

Only after some discussion was it revealed to them that it wasn't only supported but recommended. Lol