Mailing List Archive

Webex App Config XML?
Hello all,

We just recently migrated to the Webex App and have found some annoyances with the settings that are default. Is there a way to customize the settings for the Webex app globally, similar to how you could setup a jabber-config.xml file? The thing we're specifically looking for right now is how to disable the "Use ultrasound" option under Devices, but I imagine there will be more items we'd like to manipulate.

TIA,
Tim Johnson
Re: Webex App Config XML? [ In reply to ]
It's my understanding that the jabber-config.xml works on Webex soft
phone settings, but not sure if it has options for other Webex settings.

Never had the need to modify them.

Have you checked for those settings in the control hub?

Re: Webex App Config XML? [ In reply to ]
I saw this same question pop up in the communities not too long ago. I just checked and there's been no response.

I did a quick peek and didn't find a default setting control for this, but it wasn't an exhaustive search.

You may want to try to ask the Webex Admins self-help group by joining the Webex space here: https://eurl.io/#YgdA7Bfyo
[https://avatar-prod-us-east-2.webexcontent.com/Avtr~V1~1eb65fdf-9643-417f-9974-ad72cae0e10f/V1~0f700754-bd01-4bf3-830d-0e6f4a0dd486~bacc9fa8e5ee4c1693c6b2b9b8f927aa~801zA]<https://eurl.io/#YgdA7Bfyo>
eurl.io<https://eurl.io/#YgdA7Bfyo>
Eurl is used to create spaces that users can search for and join. You can add eurl@webex.bot to a group space in Webex. Then, @mention the bot in the group space in Webex with one of the following commands: url - Get details on how someone can join the space qr - Get QR code to join the space list - Anyone can see the space listed at https://eurl.io/ list off - Remove the space from public ...
eurl.io

Re: Webex App Config XML? [ In reply to ]
I have not found a way to turn off ultrasound. No setting, no switch, nothing. It was brought up in another thread, and no options presented there either.

Especially with windows 10 showing the mic icon, it's going to drive people crazy.