Mailing List Archive

CUCM 11.5 Upgrade Question
I'm planning an upgrade from CUCM 11.5x up to either 12.5x or 14.0x. It appears I'm going to either have to build new servers from an updated ova or make changes to the vmx file to upgrade the virtual hardware version which looks to be a supported path from Cisco as they provide a doc to do this. Just wanted to throw out the question from those who have done this upgrade and took the path of changing the vmx file rather than building new servers; Did you have any challenges in doing this? Any reason to lean hard one way or the other? Any input is appreciated. Thanks Jason
Re: CUCM 11.5 Upgrade Question [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I've upgraded by changing the vmx file and it worked fine. That said,
depending on how many times you upgraded in the past, it might be worth
doing a fresh build. I did an upgrade from 11.5 to 12.5. After the upgrade,
MOH did not work from one subscriber. I opened a TAC case and TAC said the
issue was due to an unclean power outage when the server was running 10.5.
So, they recommended a rebuild of that subscriber. I admit I was skeptical
but eventually did the rebuild and MOH worked fine after that. Strange but
true.

Thanks,

James