Jabber/Webex E911Notification
Is anyone else using the E911Notification popup for Jabber / Webex (UCM)?

Where do you host it?
Is there anything you do to try and mitigate an outage with it causing Jabber phones not to be available?

Trying to come up with the best of the worst out of all of the choices I have available for where to put it, ideally that doesn't require editing the Jabber config if the location has to change rapidly.

Regards,

Adam Pawlowski
SUNYAB NCS
Re: Jabber/Webex E911Notification [ In reply to ]
Hy

we put this on a normal internal Webserver.

If you start Jabber you have to say ok, only after that it's registering.
so we have made a small integration that updates your UC Service Profile
(or if u aren't running a 12.x Version of CUCM) or your Device Config to do
not have this Configured for 3 Months, so u start Jabber and it get's
registered.

You should always test the Popup on Release Changes

Rapidly and Jabber is something .....

--

Florian Krößbacher
florian.kroessbacher@gmail.com

<https://twitter.com/flohATinnsbruck>
<https://plus.google.com/+FlorianKroessbacher>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/florian-kroessbacher-5a29a832?>

Am Di., 11. Jan. 2022 um 16:37 Uhr schrieb Adam Pawlowski <ajp26@buffalo.edu

Re: Jabber/Webex E911Notification [ In reply to ]
Adam,

Q: Where do you host it?
I've seen an organization similar to yours pointing the E911NotificationURL
to a page on their public website, ultimately distributed by Cloudflare's
CDN.
I've seen an organization host it on their own internal servers in their
own tier 4 datacenters.
I've used a static page hosted by Github for testing and demonstrations
when required, which although cheap and dirty might be argued just as
robust.

Q: Is there anything you do to try and mitigate an outage with it causing
Jabber phones not to be available?
Crossing fingers seemed to be the operational plan.

I'd be interested to hear what you settle on.

Thanks,

Ray Maslanka