Wondering if Cisco supports direct Vmware patching to the fixed version of
180715574...

Jonathan
Re: Vmware 6.5 Vulnerability... [ In reply to ]
It’s quite clear whether they support it or not. Just joking. It’s not clear at all. And the app managers don’t want to say yes or no either. They just keep saying, “it’s not tested”.

That all being said, from what I gather, from the UC on UCS pages, unless a collaboration application specifically says they only support a specific version of ESXi, that any maintenance releases or patches will be supported. As far as I can tell, only Expressway expressly (sorry, no pun intended) stipulates ESXi support. The great thing is, the latest patch before the latest unsupported Update will report back as the Update prior.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/cisco-collaboration-infrastructure.html

* ESXi maintenance releases within a supported ESXi major/minor (e.g. within "6.7", "6.7 U2"): all are supported unless otherwise indicated. Application versions with known incompatibilities will specify in their technical documentation if they do not support certain ESXi maintenance releases, or if they require a minimum maintenance release, or if they only support "up to" a certain maintenance release.
* ESXi patches within a supported ESXi major/minor/maintenance (e.g. patch 6.7.0d for "L1TF – VMM" mitigation): all are supported unless otherwise indicated, or if they clash with other requirements in this document.