Mailing List Archive

Re: [External] Error Processing SAML Response
Oh, ok if I mis-understood then, yes a SAML trace would be good, as well as knowing is this new or did it work. Seems similar to what I have seen in UCCE with the packet stuff not signed or wrong encryption type… course thats UCCE vs CUCM, but usually cucm just works…

Re: [External] Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
The error message in the Cisco traces (SSO) is:

2021-09-15 16:07:43,791 DEBUG [http-nio-81-exec-22] fappend.SamlLogger -
SAML2Utils.checkConditions: NotOnOrAfter Condition = Wed Sep 15 22:07:44
UTC 2021 *- this time is 17:07:44 CDT*

2021-09-15 16:07:43,791 DEBUG [http-nio-81-exec-22] fappend.SamlLogger -
SAML2Utils.checkConditions: NotBefore Condition = Wed Sep 15 21:07:44 UTC
2021 *- this time is 16:07:44 CDT*

2021-09-15 15:25:10,642 ERROR [http-nio-81-exec-10]
authentication.SAMLAuthenticator - Error while processing saml response The
time in the Assertion's Condition is invalid.
com.sun.identity.saml2.common.SAML2Exception: The time in the Assertion's
Condition is invalid.

Basically what appears to be occurring is we get a NotBefore of 1 second
after our request came in (16:07:43) and it gets killed....

The real question is what they need to do on the ADFS side to fix this...
why are they sending us a time in the future? The argument is NTP is off by
one second for one of the servers (all of them show synched)...

Jonathan

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 8:29 PM Kent Roberts <kent@fredf.org> wrote:

> Oh, ok if I mis-understood then, yes a SAML trace would be good, as well
> as knowing is this new or did it work. Seems similar to what I have seen
> in UCCE with the packet stuff not signed or wrong encryption type… course
> thats UCCE vs CUCM, but usually cucm just works…
>

> On Sep 16, 2021, at 6:45 PM, Johnson, Tim <johns10t@cmich.edu> wrote:
>
> Nah, looks like he said logging into CCM Admin pages, with AD accounts, so
> all areas of the web UI (I believe). The NTP errors that I’ve seen are
> presented as SAML assertion errors.
>
> I’m curious if this is a new SSO config, or if it was working properly and
> something’s changed.

Just for the sake of sanity, all servers are using the same NTP server(s)? And if needed, before adjusting NTP, just remember that changing it can alter license MAC.

The error message in the Cisco traces (SSO) is:

2021-09-15 16:07:43,791 DEBUG [http-nio-81-exec-22] fappend.SamlLogger - SAML2Utils.checkConditions: NotOnOrAfter Condition = Wed Sep 15 22:07:44 UTC 2021 - this time is 17:07:44 CDT
2021-09-15 16:07:43,791 DEBUG [http-nio-81-exec-22] fappend.SamlLogger - SAML2Utils.checkConditions: NotBefore Condition = Wed Sep 15 21:07:44 UTC 2021 - this time is 16:07:44 CDT

________________________________

Re: [External] Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
Here is another one that failed... but the timestamp is not off...

2021-09-15 16:06:26,226 DEBUG [http-nio-81-exec-4] fappend.SamlLogger -
SAML2Utils.checkConditions: NotOnOrAfter Condition = Wed Sep 15 22:06:26
UTC 2021

2021-09-15 16:06:26,226 DEBUG [http-nio-81-exec-4] fappend.SamlLogger -
SAML2Utils.checkConditions: NotBefore Condition = Wed Sep 15 21:06:26 UTC
2021

2021-09-15 16:06:26,226 DEBUG [http-nio-81-exec-4] fappend.SamlLogger -
SAML2Utils.checkConditions: The assertion does not meet NotOnOrAfter or
NotBefore condition.

Re: [External] Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
Is one system observing Daylight Savings Time and the other is not?

Re: [External] Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
Ask whoever runs the IDP to add a skew or offset to the relationship that you’re using.

It is not feasible for the things to be exactly in sync to high precision at all times, and this comes up using timing from VMWare, mixed sources etc.

With ADFS the property is NotBeforeSkew, which you can give a minute or whatever you’re comfortable with, which should alleviate this issue.

Best,

Adam Pawlowski