For a user, it will work find repeatedly, then you will get the error,
close your browser, and reopen, still get the error for a few minutes. Then
later it will work. When a user is affected, other users work fine.

TAC is saying it is an NTP issue, however, NTP between CUCM 12.5 and IdP
(ADFS 2.0) is fine.

Pings are around 1ms between servers.

Any ideas?

Jonathan
Re: Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
If the Admin creds are providing the same error and not in ldap(the local cucm provided at setup), I would re-queue the case to another engineer if the best they can provide is NTP out of sync, but the time is really correct….

You may have to escalate the case to get a more seasoned engineer. Have you rebooted or restarted the Cisco tomcat service for cucm? Were slowly moving into the restart/reboot world.

Curious what you find out when fixed.

Re: Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
Have you tried to run a SAML Tracer?

Sincerely,
Benjamin M. Turner
________________________________

Re: Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
No... TBH, I have never heard of it...

TAC is hyper-asserting that the issue is time mismatch between CUCM/CUC and
ADFS...

Jonathan

Re: Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
Have you been able to confirm the time difference?

I’m not trying to take their side of things, but if it’s minutes off, I wouldn’t doubt that’s possible. SSO is highly secure, right? A time difference might be enough to throw it off?

Here’s reference:

https://support.pingidentity.com/s/article/Accounting-for-Time-Drift-Between-SAML-Endpoints50907

Re: Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
The logs are pretty clear when its a time difference as the error. I’ve not seen it randomly occur but definitely the error will be it’s time and may even show the difference.

Its the 4j log file for sso I believe

________________________________

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer
(He/Him/His)

Re: Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
Remember he said it also was happening on the CUCM Admin account which has nothing to do with SSO/SAML. So means its most likely internal to cucm...

Re: [External] Re: Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
Nah, looks like he said logging into CCM Admin pages, with AD accounts, so all areas of the web UI (I believe). The NTP errors that I’ve seen are presented as SAML assertion errors.

I’m curious if this is a new SSO config, or if it was working properly and something’s changed.

Re: [External] Re: Error Processing SAML Response [ In reply to ]
Is there valid TLS trust between UCM and Idp?