Mailing List Archive

CCX 12.5 SU1 HTTP Trigger doing 302 Redirect
We have a CCX NAT'd to the internet with appropriate firewall rules in place to allow only a specific 3rd party to place http trigger calls.

Before SU1 Install (12.5 Based with ESs) this worked.

Now a call to an http trigger via https://dnsnameforuccx.co:9443/AppName?Params is 302 redirecting to https://internalipofuccx:9443/AppName?Params
Same thing happens if we use the external ip.

Is anyone aware of anything that would cause this? I can't find anything in the release notes or bugs (albeit they are not the easiest to find).

May have to build a VPN, we avoided that previously because it's billable.

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer
(He/Him/His)
p: 443.541.1518
w: www.heliontechnologies.com | e: MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com
Re: CCX 12.5 SU1 HTTP Trigger doing 302 Redirect [ In reply to ]
Look under enterprise parameters, there was a recent change in cucm / cuc
around this to.

Trusted list of hosts in http refer field.

Not sure where this would be in ccx offhand though( have not looked yet).

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 8:23 AM Matthew Loraditch <
MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com> wrote:

> We have a CCX NAT’d to the internet with appropriate firewall rules in
> place to allow only a specific 3rd party to place http trigger calls.
>

> Before SU1 Install (12.5 Based with ESs) this worked.
>

> Now a call to an http trigger via
> https://dnsnameforuccx.co:9443/AppName?Params is 302 redirecting to
> https://internalipofuccx:9443/AppName?Params
>
> Same thing happens if we use the external ip.
>

> Is anyone aware of anything that would cause this? I can’t find anything
> in the release notes or bugs (albeit they are not the easiest to find).
>

> May have to build a VPN, we avoided that previously because it’s billable.

> Matthew Loraditch?
> Sr. Network Engineer
> (He/Him/His)
> p: *443.541.1518* <443.541.1518>
> w: *www.heliontechnologies.com* <http://www.heliontechnologies.com/> |
> e: *MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com* <MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com>
> [image: Helion Technologies] <http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>
> [image: Facebook] <https://facebook.com/heliontech>
> [image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/heliontech>
> [image: LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/helion-technologies>

Oh sure. They add this, but they won’t add admin page protection. Ugh.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the University of Guelph. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If in doubt, forward suspicious emails to IThelp@uoguelph.ca<mailto:IThelp@uoguelph.ca>

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 8:23 AM Matthew Loraditch <MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com<mailto:MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com>> wrote:
We have a CCX NAT’d to the internet with appropriate firewall rules in place to allow only a specific 3rd party to place http trigger calls.

Before SU1 Install (12.5 Based with ESs) this worked.

Now a call to an http trigger via https://dnsnameforuccx.co:9443/AppName?Params is 302 redirecting to https://internalipofuccx:9443/AppName?Params
Same thing happens if we use the external ip.

Is anyone aware of anything that would cause this? I can’t find anything in the release notes or bugs (albeit they are not the easiest to find).

May have to build a VPN, we avoided that previously because it’s billable.

Matthew Loraditch?
Sr. Network Engineer
(He/Him/His)
p: 443.541.1518<tel:443.541.1518>